During this pandemic, we are understanding that a new era awaits us, we live in a globalized, in an open world, profound changes are expected in different areas and we must be able to adapt, this is understood by the ability to adapt to this new situation, and take advantage of the professionalization of the clubs, to transform themselves, take advantage of the change to improve their capacity for leadership management, development, innovation, and their ability to influence in our people.
Any club worth its salt should not be indifferent to the change of cycle that is presented to us :
A club should not forget who the protagonists of the beautiful game are, they are the fans, the players, the coaches, when you understand these hierarchies well, you usually ask yourself the right questions, and make the right decisions, because you give importance to things really important and by priorities, and from there, you want the fans, the player, the coach, to feel comfortable, therefore you are interested in their tastes, their concerns, their concerns, trends and the new conceptions and social demands that they exist after this great global pandemic.
The result of this analysis is that the club must be aligned with the interests of society, be part of it, when a group of footballers speak the same language it becomes a team, when a club works to go hand in hand, and speak the same language of its fans, of its people, through performance programs, through synergies between modern departments that help to capture this new reality in which we live, that club will be focused on performance.
We are all seeing the problems of current football, football requires hierarchies and priorities, and not to repeat the mistakes of the past, they seem two basic foundations, once this exercise of vision of the club is done, we will start with the exercise of improving the mission of the club, and for this we must choose the appropriate strategy to respond to the needs of each club, depending on the situation of the same in terms of management in terms of sustainability and social responsibility as management models.
For this, the management of a club always depends on two areas:
– The Economic and Sports: Economic and Sports Efficiency: Every day more we realize that these two areas go hand in hand, and for this it is essential that the structure of the club is well organized, to make professional, reasoned and effective.
– Social and environmental: In this area we must have a commitment to our fans, not only the members, but the way of managing must contribute to the development of the club and its image in a responsible, sustainable and balanced way and always going the same the hand of society, speaking a language full of values, principles, that identify us as a club, that dignify us.
For this, in order to have a sustainable, responsible and balanced club, it is necessary that in our management model, the values and principles that identify us reign as transparency, the ethics in which we treat each other, and in which we treat to fans in person, or online. All this makes the social mass grow, because everyone feels more identified with a professional, modern, sustainable, balanced club model, and with a language of football, of life.
Modern clubs that do not have as a priority objective this new model, this new social responsibility, this new model about improving the club’s identity, being more sustainable, investing in innovation and development, in new technologies. They will have more difficult to adapt to this new technological era that is presented to us, for which they will be further away from sports performance.
However, soccer clubs, federations, national teams, academies, that adopt management models in this sense, will be more competitive, they will be more focused on economic, social and sports performance.
If we can improve our questions every year, we shall improve our clubs, and also our performance teams:
Here we have a few:
– A talented player wants to sign with a club, with good management?, with a good structure, with a grear club model, with a fantastic players?
– A Modern Football club must be more sustainable and socially responsible?
– Should the former TOP player, burn stages, to reach coaching teams, burn stages, understanding that due to circumstances there must always be exceptions?
– Does a Sponsor want to invest more and better when the modern model, image, ethics of the club are identified?
– We must sign coaches who can change, improve, not only a team, but also players, people, work environments, through programs, processes, methodologies, and above all understand that the most important thing is, leave a legacy in our club?
“In Football, everybody want to win, but not all are willing to win”.
DAVID PONS COACH